Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Green Day Wins Musical March Madness

(image from MTV.com)
Well, Green Day won. I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm not going to gloat over my favorite pick winning. My guess would be that Green Day just has more fans than anyone else out there (with the exception of the Chili Peppers). I mean, they've been active since the late 80s. That's given them almost a quarter of a century of experience. Two generations of people have been exposed to these guys, and their continuing commercial success shows that it works. I did think it was cool that Paramore, who have only been successful for four or five years, made it as far as they did. (I think it's Hayley Williams' singing. It's not hardcore, like Joan Jett, but it's not Jewel either.) I'll post my favorite Green Day video, "Jesus of Suburbia," to celebrate. (Lou Taylor Pucci dressed like a hardcore punk: priceless!)

No comments:

Post a Comment