Sunday, June 19, 2011

At Last: New Chili Peppers Album

Some new pictures for you to drool over... on Twitpic
Finally, it's the moment I've been waiting for for quite some time now: the Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced their latest album, I'm With You, which will hit stores August 30. And as you can see, I'm back to blogging again after a couple of weeks of hiatus. I think I'll nix the New Music Mondays for the summer, or at least do them less often because of my job.
Anyway, back to the Chili Peppers. I'm a little disappointed that the album title is normal (because isn't that why we love the Chili Peppers - for their strangeness a la Blood Sugar Sex Magik?), but I'm excited to hear what they sound like with new guitarist Josh Klinghoffer. This album will definitely be different from 2006's Stadium Arcadium - it's 14 tracks instead of a two-disc set.
On June 5, bassist Flea announced on his Twitter page, "it gives me profound pleasure deep in the fiber of my being to announce the august 30 release date of the new red hot chili peppers's record." In an article posted June 8 on rollingstone.com, singer Anthony Kiedis said "There is no question - this is a beginning. . . We wanted to maintain the Red Hot Chili Peppers if we could do it in a way that upheld historically what we had accomplished."
And they've accomplished a lot. I don't know of a single person who's heard the Chili Peppers who doesn't like them. Their unique blend of funk, punk, and psychedelic rock has been going strong for generations. People just don't get tired of their music. It's that simple.
I've hunted all over the Internet for a sample of their first single, "The Adventures of Raindance Maggie," but people are just putting up old B-sides and saying it's a new song. I will, however, put up the tracklist, as announced by Flea on Twitter:

1. Monarchy of Roses
2. Factory of Faith
3. Brendan's Death Song
4. Ethiopia
5. Annie Wants a Baby
6. Look Around
7. The Adventures of Raindance Maggie
8. Did I Let You Know (This I Know)
9. Goodbye Hooray
10. Happiness Loves Company
11. Police Station
12. Even You Brutus?
13. Meet Me at the Corner
14. Dance, Dance, Dance

Click here to pre-order the album on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I love RHCP. It's been a while since they released an album, so now I have something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete