Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Best Song I've Heard All Year


So the other day I was streaming my hometown rock radio station online, and a song by RED came on. I went to immediately turn it off. Understand, I'm not generally biased about music; I like to try everything once. But I usually absolutely refuse to listen to Christian rock. The whole "jammin for Jesus" thing doesn't really do it for me. Anyway, I started to actually listen, and what I heard nearly blew me out of my chair. This song is literally the best one I've heard this year, despite being created by a Christian band. Its creeping, hard-hitting vocal screams and relentless guitar were just my type of song.
The music video isn't bad, either, nor is the rest of the album, Until We Have Faces. I particularly recommend "Hymn for the Missing," "Lie to Me (Denial)" and "Let it Burn." I'll also post the making-of video, just because I'm a nerd and I think things like that are interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment