Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Twisted Love Songs: "Control," Puddle of Mudd


"I was going out with an uncontrollable person. I was uncontrollable, too," said Puddle of Mudd lead singer Wes Scantlin about this song. "But the intimacy was really, really good . . ." Story of a rockstar's life, apparently.

The lyrics are pretty transparent. "I like it when you chain me to the bed/But then your secrets never show" and "I love the way you look at me/I love the way you smack my ass" are some of the best. A little-known fact is that Scantlin co-wrote it with Brad Stewart, former bassist for Shinedown.
This was the first single off 2001's Come Clean, which made the Billboard Top 10 in its first few weeks, although it's still not as well known as "Blurry." Check out the video for a glimpse of Fred Durst. Believe it or not, he actually discovered these guys and put them together, sort of like rock's answer to the Backstreet Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment