Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Current Running Playlist



Music kind of relates to everything in my life, especially when it comes to running - which I enjoy thoroughly - I know, that's psychotic, right? But it's amazing to me how one song can make the difference in a race or a workout when I'm lagging a little. My running playlist changes from time to time; I'm always looking for some good pounder songs, something to bring it home. And I know there are others out there who love the smell of fresh-cut summer grass on a ten-mile run, so here's to us.
Since I am technologically challenged, I couldn't find a way to upload a playlist on here, so I will just link the songs to YouTube pages that you can watch at your leisure. They are listed in no particular order.

1. Down with the Sickness - Disturbed
2. Are You Ready - Three Days Grace
3. Dragula - Rob Zombie
4. Bodies - Drowning Pool
5. Master of Puppets - Metallica
6. Seek and Destroy - Metallica
7. Becoming the Bull - Atreyu
8. Doomsday - Atreyu
9. Zero - The Smashing Pumpkins
10. Heartkiller - H.I.M.
11. Lazarus Heart - The 69 Eyes
12. Indestructible - Disturbed
13. St. Jimmy - Green Day
14. Hump de Bump - Red Hot Chili Peppers
15. Factory Girl - The Pretty Reckless
16. Natural Born Killer - Avenged Sevenfold


I know that this list consists of a lot of "overplayed radio hits." But I'm not really one for the hipster, I-knew-them-before-they-were-cool thing. It's great if you like a band that's off the mainstream, but I like what I like - and it's popular for a reason. Just to reassure you, though, I hate Nickelback just as much as everyone else. Hopefully my credibility just went up a little.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the "it's popular for a reason" thing. I like mainstream rock, pop, and alternative rock, and just because everyone else likes it doesn't mean it sucks. Sure, there are underrated and undiscovered bands that are great, but I do love me some Chili Peppers and Incubus anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true. I like the Black Keys and Fleet Foxes, even though they're not terribly popular, but I guess the Chili Peppers and Incubus must have been unknown at one point, but they became popular because their songs are good. It's that simple. And the whole reason for starting a band is to become commercially successful and famous, so I guess if you don't want to do that, then why start a band?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, such a good point. Also, I just barely heard Fleet Foxes the other day and rather liked them. As for the Black Keys? Love them!

    ReplyDelete