Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Chili Peppers Single Video!!!

It's finally here - the first video from the Red Hot Chili Peppers' new album, I'm With You. As I previously reported, the song's called "The Adventures of Raindance Maggie." I listened to it a couple times before passing judgment, so here's my opinion: I think that their decision to release a bass-heavy song first, letting Flea work his magic before showing off new guitarist Josh Klinghoffer's skills too soon, was a good one. The song is the most bass-reliant I've heard from the Peppers, but that's okay, because what we like about them is their funk.
That said, I don't know about Klinghoffer. His guitar seems to be a little more dreamy than former guitarist John Frusciante's blistering, beat-driven solos. But who knows? One song does not an entire album make.
My final word? After listening to this, I'm definitely pre-ordering the album, out August 29. Click here to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment